STD Testing Tulsa
Highest Rated STD Testing Clinic
CONFIDENTIAL, PRIVATE & AFFORDABLE STD TESTING
in the Tulsa area
Call toll-free 1-888-226-9241
Agents available 24 hours a day.
Now accepting HSA and FSA cards for Tulsa residents.
Hello Tulsa, Oklahoma
The over 400,000 residents of Tulsa have plenty to keep themselves busy with great attractions like the Philbrook Museum of Art, the Gilcrease Museum and the BOK Center but need to keep in mind the pressing need for routine STD testing. Even though the local population grew by just over 10,000 residents, the increase in STD rates jumped almost 15%! Their was a rise in all of the common STIs including: chlamydia, gonorrhea, herpes, syphilis and HIV. There is a low-cost STD testing option through the Central Regional Health Center, located at 315 S Utica Ave (Map). But even on their website, they say: “Depending upon patient load and staffing levels, the walk- in clients may be limited” Fortunately, convenient and confidential STD testing is just a click or phone call away and testing times usually under 7 minutes, you can get on with your day, knowing you have made a great sexual health decision. Of course if you have questions about any aspect of the STD testing process, please refer to The Complete Guide to STD Testing.
Our Tulsa STD Testing Locations
1145 S Utica Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74104-4000
Hours: M-F 7:00 am-12:30 pm & 1:30 pm-4:00 pm
Tulsa, OK 74136-3317
Hours: M-F 7:00 am-12:30 pm & 1:30 pm-4:00 pm
8803 S 101st East Ave
Tulsa, OK 74133-5726
Hours: M-F 7:00 am-5:00 pm
607 E Main St.
Jenks, OK 74037-4138
Hours: M-F 7:00 am-12:45 pm & 1:45 pm-4:00 pm
819 S Pine St
Stillwater, OK 74074-4350
Hours: M-F 7:00 am-11:00 am & 12:00 pm-4:00 pm
3506 W. Okmulgee
Muskogee, OK 74401-5043
Hours: M-F 7:00 am-4:30 pm; Drug Screen
2. Find A Local LabFind a lab that is convenient for you from our thousands of locations nationwide.
3. CheckoutPay for your tests securely right on our website. Print your lab requisition to bring with you to the lab.
4. Get Results in 24-72 HoursYour results will be emailed to you in 24-72 hours.
Is Going to a Free STD Testing Tulsa Clinic a Good Idea?
- Availability is questionable.
- Unnecessary lines and uncomfortable, embarrassing conversations.
- Only certain tests available, based on location.
- Privacy and confidentially is not likely at a public clinic.
- Free tests are not always available or you may not qualify based on income.
It Is Easier Than Ever
- Thousands of Patients Referred!
- Appointments not necessary.
- FDA Approved and CDC recommended diagnostic tests and screening.
- 100% confidential, private and secure.
- No insurance needed.
- Affordable, low-cost for residents in the Tulsa area.
Tulsa, Oklahoma residents have plenty to do with the University of Tulsa basketball program, hosting PGA events at the prestigious Southern Hills Country Club and the tremendous museums that the city has to offer. Not surprising with all of the continual excitement, that Tulsa is experiencing an incredible increase in the rates of chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis and HIV. Because of this, health officials are desperately trying to keep up with the demand. Getting your STD test is as easy as ordering online or over the phone and spending as little as 7 minutes at your local lab. This quick turn around will leave you ample time to enjoy a UT basketball game or enjoy the artwork at one of the many museums.
STD Statistics in Tulsa, OK
The most recent statistics for Tulsa area STD diagnoses were quite startling to health officials. A sharp increase in bacterial STIs was observed as well as increasing number of new HIV cases.
Tulsa County ranked in the top 10% of cities with the most diagnosed STIs with a rate that is 5 times the national average.
Annie Norman of Planned Parenthood said: “Given the limited access statewide that our young people have to comprehensive education, it’s sort of to be expected. We really need to do more for the young people of our state,” she said, “and arm them with information so they’re available to make the best decision about their personal health.”
STD rates for Tulsa are concerning for a lot of reason and serves to emphasize the importance of routine testing.
Tulsa STD Facts by Disease
- Most commonly reported Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) in Oklahoma.
- In 2014, a total of 20,655 cases were reported. This is about a 13.0% increase from 2013.
- 14,846 cases were reported among females (71.9%), with males reporting 5,804 cases (28.1%).
- Age group 20-24 years of age had the most and highest rates of all age groups at 8,493 cases.
- Second most commonly reported STD in Oklahoma.
- 6,135 cases were reported in 2014, about a 15.7% increase in reported cases from 2013.
- Over half, 56.3% of the reported cases in 2014 were among females (2,683 cases), while 43.7% were males (2,683 cases).
- Age Groups 20-24 years of age had the most cases and highest rates of all age groups at 2,166 cases.
- In 2014, 311 cases of HIV were newly diagnosed in Oklahoma. Of the 311 cases, 81.4% or 253 cases were male and 18.6% or 58 cases were female.
- Over 60% of the newly diagnosed cases were in the 20-39 years age group (115 cases.
- Blacks had the highest rate of newly diagnosed HIV/AIDS cases in 2014 (27.9 cases per 100,000 population).
- Of the newly diagnosed cases,56.3%, or 175 cases, self reported as MSM (Men who have Sex with Men).
- Three Metropolitan Statistical Areas (MSAs) in Oklahoma accounted for the majority of the 2014 newly diagnosed cases: Oklahoma City (150 cases; 48.2%), Tulsa (105 cases; 33.8%), Lawton (6 cases; 1.9%).
- Oklahoma had 151 cases of primary and secondary syphilis in 2014. This is a 28.0% increase from 2013 and a 81.9% increase from 2012..
- Males accounted for 90.1% (136 cases) of the P&S syphilis cases in Oklahoma, while 9.9% (15 cases) were female.
- Age group 25-29 years had the highest rate and number of P&S syphilis cases in 2014 at 38 cases (14.3 per 100,000).
- Blacks (12.9 per 100,000) had a rate 4.0 times higher than that of Whites (3.2 per 100,000).
- The majority of Oklahoma’s total P&S syphilis cases,almost 63% (95 cases), had a reported risk of MSM, with an additional 6.0% (9 cases) reported as bisexual.
- The total cases reporting MSM was 104 (68.9%), which represents 76.5% of the 136 P&S syphilis cases among males in Oklahoma in 2014.
- If exposed through sexual contact, getting HIV is two to five times more likely when syphilis is present.
- Most of the P&S syphilis cases among MSM were among the age group 20-24 years, with 22.6% (19 cases).
- About 53.8% of P&S syphilis cases among MSM (56) reported having sex with anonymous partners.
- Of Oklahoma’s MSM P&S syphilis cases, 28.8% reported meeting partners on the Internet.
Oklahoma Requires HIV/AIDS Education
Oklahoma has been serious about their education about how to prevent the spread of HIV/AIDS since 1987. Highlights of the law are:
“A. Acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) prevention education shall be taught in the public schools of this state.
1. at the option of the local school district, a minimum of once during the period from grade five through grade six.
2. a minimum of once during the period from grade seven through grade nine; and
3. a minimum of once during the period from grade ten through grade twelve…
D. AIDS prevention education shall specifically teach students that:
1. engaging in homosexual activity, promiscuous sexual activity, intravenous drug use or contact with contaminated blood products is now known to be primarily responsible for contact with the AIDS virus;
2. avoiding the activities specified in paragraph 1 of this subsection is the only method of preventing the spread of the virus;
3. sexual intercourse, with or without condoms, with any person testing positive for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) antibodies, or any other person infected with HIV, places that individual in a high risk category for developing AIDS.
E. The program of AIDS prevention education shall teach that abstinence from sexual activity is the only certain means for the prevention of the spread or contraction of the AIDS virus through sexual contact. It shall also teach that artificial means of birth control are not a certain means of preventing the spread of the AIDS virus and reliance on such methods puts a person at risk for exposure to the disease.
The full law AIDS Prevetion Education can be read here: http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/DeliverDocument.asp?CiteID=90134
STD Testing for Better Sexual Health
Tulsa is a wonderful city with everything from amazing sports teams to great museums But it also has an incredibly high rate of sexually transmitted diseases. A locally high STD rate makes it that much more important to get tested regularly. While their are free clinics the long lines and risk of being discovered by friends and/or family leaves many residents looking for different options. STDTestingPlus.com allows you to securely order your medical lab STD test online and get tested in a comforatable confidential environment. This much quicker and more convenient option will give you that much more time to enjoy what Tampa has to offer.